Saturday, August 02, 2008

In Celebration

Since it's been a while since I've written a review of anything, I figure this is as good a place as any to do so.

So instead of the usual "Why's the world so crappy?" or "You know what I hate..." rants I used to write to about, I figure it's time to share the things I actually like.

Must be age.

So, let's begin. I'll aim for one every other day or so.

WORTH READING:

Who doesn't love the 60s? If you don't, something's seriously wrong with you.

Take all that's amazing about the Silver Age of comic books and the wonder and awe of the early 60s and you've got something.

Darwyn Cooke knew this.

And he gave us this:



THE NEW FRONTIER isn't THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS. It isn't THE WATCHMEN.

Instead, it's the beginning of things. It shows everything we love about heroes and comics and why. NEW FRONTIER gives us back our "Wow!"

Hell, it even made me like Green Lantern.

And it celebrates the Flash! And anyone who knows me knows I loves me some Flash.

NEW FRONTIER. It'll give you your cape back. I promise.

No comments: